“Getting a Tattoo is a big decision so make it wisely,” is what Peter J Salzano, a professional tattoo artist, suggests. There are many countries that have set a certain age limit for getting tattoos which is a wise decision. But on the other hand, there are small states and communities that consider tattoos a part of their culture resulting in each person with a similar tattoo done at a young age.
Minors are always kept away from tattoos but why? Here is the answer:
- They are too young to decide what tattoo they want and consider it as a fun activity
- The reports say that it is very difficult for minors to bear the pain while getting a tattoo done, as it is too soft.
- The chances of infection are high among kids as they tend to take less precaution because of their carefree nature and another reason is sensitive skin.
- As per the reports, the majority of the youngsters consider their first tattoo as a mistake and look for modification
- Other reasons why not to get a tattoo by teens:
- Safety concerns
- Potentially Limited Employment Concern
- Possible Regret over design
- Teasing by other teens
- The reaction of the family members/teacher and other concerned members
- Frequent changing trends that might not suit the child when adult